Sunday, January 9, 2011

YAY for produce!!!!

Ok... I have to tell you.  Farmer's Markets are FABULOSO!!!!!!  Even in the rain they are great!

I got to go to our local farmer's market yesterday.  It was extremely dreary out.  I shouldn't be surprised as this is, in fact, England!  I was in a foul mood.  I don't know how my friends put up with me!!!  I needed a MAJOR attitude adjustment!  I have the cure for the attitude thing.... FARMER'S MARKETS!!!!!!

I got to walk around with a few of my friends.  We looked at all the BEAUTIFUL yumminess that we can't get at our commissary!  I got peppers, beans, carrots, mushrooms, and a ton of other stuff!  At only a pound a bowl, I couldn't resist!!!  (For you Americans who don't know what a pound is, it is about a buck and a half.)  OH, I also got half of a Rye-pumpernickel loaf.  Let me tell you.  There is nothing as good as fresh produce and fresh homemade bread!  I was proud of myself... I didn't go crazy on the bread.  I only got half a loaf!

It ended up being a great day.  Good yumminess and good friends.  I came home and relaxed for a bit, then hubby and I had a great FRESH din din.  We made grilled pollack (fish) and crisp tender steamed green beans!   YUMMO!!!!

1 comment:

  1. We are sooooooooo proud of you!! Sending strength and good wishes to you to remain steadfast in these tough times. They can make you stronger. Be of good cheer; we and many others support you wholeheartedly!! May the Lord come alongside you now as we know He is. When we walk and do our moving we think of you. We're your moving buddies!!
    We love you, Honey.
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete