Thursday, January 20, 2011

Make it ahead...

In our house, we tend to lean towards the super quick, throw it in the microwave types of food.  Well, we can't do that any more.  Do you know how much junk is in processed food!?  WAY too much for our new lifestyle!  I can't even pronounce most of the ingredients!

As I have said before, breaky is becoming MUCHO improtante in our house.  Well, immediately this presents a problem.  What on earth do I fix for hubby before he runs out the door!?!?!?!?  I want him to have something that will stick to his ribs and be satisfying so he can "be all that he can be".  Wait, isn't that an Army thing?  Well, I want him to be the Air Force equivalent of that!

I have come up with something I think will work nicely!  I know I am not the first person to think of this.  I am sure you can find more recipes out there in bloggyland.

Ok.. My first recipe!

Quiche cups.

These handy dandy, perfectly portioned cups can be reheated in the microwave in a minute or two!!!  WOO HOO!!!!  This is perfect for when hubby has to run!

Now here is how you can make them...


  • Preheat your oven to about 350.
  • Scramble some eggs, you could use egg substitute as well.
  • Add veggies, lean cooked/cooled meat, and cheese.  You could use whatever you have on hand.  
  • Pour the egg mixture into a muffin tin.  You could use paper liners, but I didn't have any... so I skipped that part!
  • Bake at 350 for about 20-25 min depending on your oven.  

VOILA!!!  You have Quiche cups.  Let them cool and them pop them in the freezer!  They'll keep for a few months.  You can store them in a zipper top bag!

*Don't judge my photo... It isn't the best, but I will be getting better!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Try doing the whole "muffin tin" thing with a meatloaf recipe. Mini-meatloafs, perfect portion size! Cute and tasty.

    Love,
    Cyn

    P.S. Have you noticed by now that I've FINALLY gotten around to reading this fabulous blog. Can I be a "moving buddy" too, please and thank you? ;)

    ReplyDelete