Friday, January 7, 2011

Torture? Maybe...

The dictionary defines exercise as "physical exertion, esp for the purpose of development, training, or keeping fit".  This house frau defines it as TORTURE!!!!  Going to the gym terrifies me!  All those sweaty people and scary machines!  I know, I know... they aren't looking at me.  I am looking at me.  All those mirrors, reflecting EVERY single flaw and angle.  AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!  It is enough to drive a gal mad!  As long as I don't have to look in too many mirrors, I am ok!  I am perfectly fine fairly comfortable with my body.  I just am not particularly fond of having it reflected back at me SOOOOO many times.  Also, when I am on of of the scary machines where do I put my hands?  Where can I put my Ipod so I don't get all tangly in the cord?  These are mucho importante questions, people!!!


I have come up with a fairly easy solution... I have a Wii Fit.  I even created a ridiculously cute cartoon version of myself.  As soon as I stepped on my Wii Fit board, she expanded!  Like one of the creatures you put in water to watch them grow!  I was APPALLED!!!!  Now my cute cartoon version of me looks like the Stay Puff Marshmallow man! 


Well... in light of my marshmallow-y-ness, I am even more determined to lick this thing!  I will get over my fear.  I will get over my fear!  I have to keep reminding myself of that!!!


Do any of you out there have any ideas or thoughts on how to conquer this thing?  I am open at this point!  I need to get my body moving!!!!  Wanna be my body moving buddy?  



4 comments:

  1. if you have a friend that will do this with you that makes it soo much easier. Then your not alone, and they are counting on you as much as you are counting on them.
    Yes, Gyms I used to say are meat markets. You get all these cute skinny 20 year olds in their skin tight leotard, and the buff hotties. But trust me when I say, they arent trying to look at you.....its all about THEM looking at themselves in the mirror at how buff, or how hot they look.
    The WII idea is great, but it works best again if you have someone to do it with you.
    DONT OVER DUE IT. When I was 300 lbs, I would go work out, to the point that the next day I couldnt move...I would be hurting and say EFF THIS...then I would get depressed, and run to get some icecream. GO SLOW...it took years to get weight on, it takes time to get it off...and dont get discouraged.
    So, the moral of my comment is, get a partner if you can...and also, be honost and write down EVERYTHING you eat. Even that snickers bar. I did this. I got the bite size candies and eat one or 2 a day. When I would 'starve' myself from CHOCOLATE/GOODIES...I would sneak in and eat a whole fricken candy bar. If you have a bite size a day, then you dont think about it and its something to look forward to. Im not saying eat a bag of bit sized candies...but hopefully you know what I mean. :) "THEY" say eat 5 or 6 snacks a day...it really does work.
    OK...my 2 cents. I got the Kinext for the boys for CHristmas...the XBOX thing. I think I will get the exercise thing for it. Ill let you know if I do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Someone told me recently that 70% of weight loss comes from modifying your eating habits and only 30% from exercising. I'm starting with food control and once I have that down and I'm feeling better, I'll start adding the more regular exercise routine. For right now, every extra step taken is a plus and just go for the little exercise things.... but control/cop to the food intake. That's my daily two bits Dahlink!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like that Cheryl. Its like trying to quit smoking and go on a diet at the same time, AND add no more coffee. REALLY? Do one at a time. The lack of coffee, headache and sleepy, no smoking cranky and want to eat all the time...there goes the diet.
    You understand what I mean? Good Point Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. I alternate going to the gym and using my Wii Fit. That helps me not get bored with either, but makes sure I move some everyday.

    My iPod has transformed the gym for me. I love it now, cuz I can listen to my music. That helps me focus on me and not other people.

    BTW, if you're doing the treadmill...do not hang on with your hands. You will burn 30% fewer calories that way. So HANDS OFF the treadmill. (This advice from Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels of "The Biggest Loser.")

    And can I say, "Mirrors BAD." :)

    I'm so proud of you!!!

    Love,
    Cyn
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete