Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sleeping? Yes, please!

I hear that sleeping is a huge, ginormous part of getting healthy.  I hear that establishing a regular sleep pattern helps with this whole process.  Yeah... I hear a lot!  This is one area that I can't seem to get the hang of!  The sleeping during the night and being awake during the day thing.  Maybe I am just a backwards type of gal (Really, this statement shocks you?  Really?)  It seems that I get my best sleep during the hours of 8 am and 3 pm.  This is counter productive since, you know, life happens during the day!  Nothing is open when I am awake, so I can't run my errands or anything.  You are probably asking your self "What on EARTH does she do all bloody night?"  Well, I watch A LOT of bad tv and PSAs.  When I was younger, I had NO problems sleeping.  None whatsoever!  I could sleep with the best of 'em!  Rip Van Winkle had nothin' on me!  Now, I am just begging the Sandman to pay me a visit!  Just like everything else, this too will take time.  I have to remember that.  I didn't get this way overnight, it is going to take awhile to get it changed...
Please Mr. Sandman, bring me a dream!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I'm sure a good deal of your night (other than the more than exciting infomercials and crappy TV) is the daily checking of the clock! I HATE that. Gee, now it's 2:00 a.m., now it's 2:05 a.m. and I have to get up in 4 hours. Why can't I sleep...oh look, something shiny on TV. Wait..what time is it again? 3:02 a.m. - I wonder how that movie will end....just 5 more minutes. Crap! I have to get up in 2 and a half hours. And so on....

    *sends you Ambien*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear sweet Kel ~
    you make it sound funny, but I know it's no joke. God has promised his people sleep. Can't remember the exact quotes right now, but they're somewhere in the Psalms.
    Perhaps when you're bright-eyed and bushy-tailed tonight you could grab a concordance (online even!), find those verses and remind God (nicely, of course) that those are his words, not yours and so would he please honor them.

    love and hugs
    Meg xoox

    ReplyDelete