Sunday, May 13, 2012

Traveling after surgery

Hey Kids!

It is so good to be back home!  I have had a BUSY week.  A great, but busy week!  A couple of my high school girlfriends came into town.  I hadn't seen them in about 13 years!  It was really nice to catch up.

There was one problem, though.  WHAT DO I EAT WHEN I AM ON THE GO AND TRAVELING!?!?!?!?  Well, I'll tell you!  It simply takes a bit of planning and prep.  In the end, it is nice because you can save some bucks and you KNOW you have something to eat!

Here are my traveling essentials, food wise anyway....

*Protein rich snacks, ie: Just the cheese and beef jerky
*I always check to see if there is going to be a supermarket near by.  If there is, YAY!  I can get some apples that I can smear with almond butter brought from home.  I can also see if they have any cheese that is portable, as well.
*Sugar free candy for those sweet attacks!  I prefer sugar free Jolly Ranchers, but you can pick whatever you like!  Be careful though, sugar free candy has kinda a laxative effect if you have too much!!!!
*I pre-measure protein powder into zipper bags and always carry a mixer/shaker cup.  Just add water or milk if you can get it, and you have a great breaky!
*I also pre-pack/pre-measure snacks into the small zipper bags, that way I can control my portions.  Portion control is a HUGE thing for me! I also use single serving packages that I can throw in my bag!

See... easy-peasy!  I found that if I take the time to plan, I can really enjoy my travels and I don't have to worry about what I am going to eat!


No comments:

Post a Comment