Thursday, May 24, 2012

Better with Protein

I forget sometimes how much I NEED protein.  I always, always, always feel better when my meal/snack is loaded with proteins!  I stay fuller longer and when I do need to eat again, I WANT to eat more protein!

I bring this up today because I just had a bowl of chili.  Chili is LOADED with proteins.  I feel great, right now!  I had been feeling a bit sluggish and just a bit outta sorts!!!  Nothing awful, just a bit off!  I realized it was because I wasn't eating enough protein.

Some of you may know where you can find proteins, some may not!  There are some surprising sources.  I put together this list for ALL our knowledge!  :)

Beef
Chicken
Fish
Pork
Beans
Eggs
Dairy
Nuts
Seeds

These foods come in MANY forms.  You aren't stuck with ONE dindin every night.  Also, I find that if you mix it up, you can get the most outta the protein.  You don't get bored, either.  When I get bored, I find myself reaching for something with maybe less protein and less nutritional value.  Since I can't eat much, packing my meals with protein is SUPER important!

Get yourself some protein and go to town!!!!  Get creative with what you have!  MOST OF ALL, ENJOY YOURSELF!!! :) :) :)


No comments:

Post a Comment