Friday, May 25, 2012

Keep it moving!

Today I went to my first Zumba class, post-WLS.  For those of you who don't know, Zumba is latin aerobics.  It is a dance class, it is aerobics, it is Jazzercise, who cares what it is... IT IS FUN and it gets ya moving.

I think that is one of the keys to weight loss, well for me anyway.  The moving part.  Prior to surgery, moving wasn't a pleasant experience for me or anyone around me, for that matter!  Ok, forget moving, just walking wasn't a good experience.  NOW, moving is a good thing.  A really good thing.  I enjoy it.  I am not even moving a turtle speeds anymore.  I am not at rabbit speeds, but I am not at turtle speeds.

I kept up with my class today.  I didn't have all the moves down, but I kept up!  If I messed up, I just laughed and kept moving until I caught up again.  I turned beet red and had a blast doing it!

Get out there, take a chance, and KEEP IT MOVING!


No comments:

Post a Comment