Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Happy Trails to you...

This is going to be a SUPER busy week for me.  Some of my high school girlfriends are coming into town!  We get to play tourist and all that fun stuff!  I am really excited to see them.  I haven't seen these girls in a bajillion years.  I am SO not giving you the real number, because then I would have to admit my real age!!!! :)

As we'll be on the go a TON this week, finding healthy eating options will be a challenge.  For me anyway.  I need something that I can grab a handful of and be ok!  ALSO, I need to know that I won't boot the food in front of everyone!  So I came up with this version of trail mix!  Trail mix is great because it isn't messy, You only need a bit, and you can put ANYTHING in it!

Kelli's awesomely yummy Trail Mix


1 c. High Fiber Cereal, I used Puffins
1 c. whole cashews
1 c. chopped hazelnuts
1 c. almonds
1 c. dried fruit, I used cranberries, pomegranate, blueberries, and cherries.  I did 1 cup of each.
1 c. dark chocolate mini chips
For some extra crunch, I also used 1 c. Cracklin' Oat bran cereal.

Not my photo, but it looks about the same!!

Put everything in a zipper bag an shake to mix.  You only need a 1/4 of a cup at a time.  ENJOY!!!!

1 comment: