Monday, April 16, 2012

SUPER yummy ham and a slice.

Weird title, right?  Well, let me tell you a story, then it won't be so weird!

I am a klutzy person.  Ok, klutzy doesn't begin to cover it.  I am a walking disaster!  If I can hurt myself with something, I will.  NO MATTER WHAT IT IS!  This time I sliced my hand.  Not in a "normal" place either.  I didn't do it with a knife or slicer or any kitchen-y gadget.  I sliced my hand with a plastic box.  RIGHT BETWEEN MY FINGERS!  It isn't a huge cut or anything, but MAN, does it hurt.  Like I said... UBERKLUTZ!!!!

Ok, enough drama and on to the Yumminess that was din din last night!  Hubby and I were watching daytime tv the other day and this recipe came on for ham.  His ears perked up.  He was paying attention now!!!!  He declared that we should make this for dinner and soon!  I put in on the meal plan!

Here ya go!

Ham with YUMMO glaze


Ham that is already cooked, we used a small one.  We don't want leftovers for the next 8 years!
1 cup stout beer
1 cup honey
1 cup maple syrup
3/4 cup whole grain mustard

*note:  You can adjust the measurements based on the size of your ham!*

Heat oven to 375.  Add beer, honey, syrup, and mustard to a pot and bring to a boil.  POUR OVER HAM.  Pop it in the oven for about an hour.  Remember the ham is cooked already, you are just cooking to caramelize the ham!  You can baste the ham every 15ish minutes.  If the liquid in the pan looks a little sparse, add some aqua!!!

This is super easy and YUMMY!


No comments:

Post a Comment