Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Choices and a recipe!

I have to make a choices all the time, especially regarding what I put in my body, food-wise.  I have to CHOOSE to put good-for-me things in my body.  Let me tell you, it isn't easy all the time.  Take today, for instance... I wanted french fries.  I know I am not suppose to eat them, yet I wanted them anyway.  I had them and they were good.  I didn't eat many, I don't eat much of ANYTHING.  

I am not going to feel guilty about eating them.  You know why?  Because I didn't OVEReat.  I chose to have some french fries, but I didn't have a bucket full of them! I had just enough to kill my craving.  That has to mean something, right?!?  

Through this process, and it is a process, I am learning to make better choices in everything.  I don't always make the right one, no one ever does.  That doesn't mean my day is ruined or that my "diet" is ruined.  It isn't.  I just move on.  

Ok.. Enough HDR (Heavy, deep, and real) and now for a recipe!!!!!

Kelli Ann's version of Beef stew

Diced, cubed beef
1 Guinness
1 can chicken broth
1 envelope Lipton onion soup... I used the onion mushroom version
sliced carrots
1 onion, sliced
1 bunch of celery, sliced... leaves and all!
KSP
some paprika
some flour

I had some veggies in my fridge that were about to go off, so I chopped them up and threw them in the bottom of my Crock-pot!  I had some diced beef thawed.  I threw some flour, some KSP and some paprika into a zipper bag.  Put your diced beef in the zipper bag with the spiced flour.  Moosh it all around until the beef is all coated.  Yes, I said moosh!  It's a technical term!  While you are mooshing, heat up some olive oil in a skillet on your stove.  When the beef is coated and oil is hot, Brown up that beef!!!  You don't have to do this, but it makes it super yummy!  When beef is brown, but not cooked through, dump the whole skillet in your slow cooker.  Make sure to scrape all the brown, lovely, crispy bits into the crockpot!  Dump in a Guinness and your chicken broth then add the envelope of soup mix.   Put it on low for several hours or high for a few less!    Spoon into a bowl an enjoy!!!!  
LOVE my crock-pot!  Make clean up easy by using a Crock-pot LIINER!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment