Monday, March 26, 2012

Spicy slaw fishy tacos

Holy Smokes!  I just made a great spring/summer dish!  It is fresh an light and SUPER easy peasy!  OH.. and way yummy to boot!

I have been craving something light to go with these beautiful days we are having.  Let me tell you we are having amazingly beautiful days!  Sunny, and mostly warm!!!!  I'll take semi warm and sunny ANY DAY!

Spicy slaw fishy tacos

* Napa cabbage, I used Napa because it is what was in the fridge.  You can use whatever!!!!
*Greek yogurt, plain
*Some hot sauce... TO TASTE!
*KSP
*Cilantro, optional
*Fresh lime juice
*Fish, Again use what ya have.  Mahi Mahi is our fav, so we used that.  A nice white fish will work great.
*Lettuce for the wrap/taco part

Dressing:
You are essentially making a cole slaw.  I started with 1/4 c. Greek yogurt.  Whisk in some lime juice to make it dressing consistency.  Add some KSP and and handful of chopped up cilantro and the hot sauce.  Set aside.  Slice your cabbage into thin ribbons.  Toss the dressing with cabbage.

Now... you can make your fish however you want.  I pulled out my trusty George Foreman grill and did it up that way.  You can bake it, broil it, steam it.  I wouldn't suggest frying... we are tying to keep it light!!!
When the fish is done... shred it!  You all know how to shred, right?!?!?  Take two forks and pull the pieces apart until it is all in little bits!

Now comes the fun part... PUT IT ALL TOGETHER!  Take a lettuce leaf, you could you a tortilla if you really wanted, put some fish on it then top it with your slaw.  You can then put salsa or whatever you like on it.  ENJOY!

See easy-peasy!!!!

It is blurry, but you get the picture, right?!?!? :)


*I should remind all y'all that my portions are tiny... You can adjust any of the recipes to fit and/or work for you!


Highlights of my day:

Walked 1.5 miles today!!!  WOOT!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment