Monday, March 12, 2012

Set back ish.....

This week has been a bit of a set back....ish.  What in the world could have happened?  I sliced my thumb to ribbons, that's what!  I was slicing up a cucumber for a snack an my thumb got in the way!  Flesh and cucumbers don't mix.  I immediately wrapped it up and held it above my heart.  I did everything anyone who knows about first aid would do.  About an hour later, it still would not stop bleeding, so I made a trip to the ER!  I couldn't get ahold of my hubby, so I called my friend.  She must have told her kiddos that she had to take me to the er, because when I walked out the door, her littlest one declared "Miss Kelli is ALIVE!!!"  That declaration made me giggle and feel a bit better!  YES, I am alive!!!!!!

I got to the er and they saw me right away....  It was the fastest I'D EVER been seen, except when I was concussed (WHOLE different story).  They were mean and made run my thumb under hot water to clean it out...  Ok, maybe they weren't mean, but it hurt, dang it!  There was nothing to stitch up, so they put some healing goop on my thumb and wrapped it up and sent me home!

I am now unable to do many things, of course, because I am right handed and it is my right thumb.  It is amazing how much people use their thumbs!  I miss using mine, for sure!!!!

SO, nothing new in the world of my tummy.  My hand is a different kettle all together!!!!

Highlights:

*My tummy is BANDAGE FREE!!!!!
* I ordered a swimsuit.... that is HUGE for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment