Thursday, March 22, 2012

Asian pork lettuce wraps

Another thing I am sorely missing is Chinese food since I began this journey.  I am leery of going out for it because there tends to be a bunch of sugar in the sauces.  Sugar and I don't mix very well.  I decided to make my own!  GO ME!

I was perusing foodgawker.com (one of my favorite sites EVAH!!) an I came across this recipe for Asian Lettuce wraps.  It sounded intriguing an totally YUMMY!


I made them and they were FAB!!!!!  I'll let you be the judge, though.

Asian pork lettuce wraps

Dressing:
3T fish sauce
3T rice vineger (not seasoned... too much sugar)
2tsp garlic puree
2tsp ginger puree
1tsp Seasme oil
pinch red pepper flakes

1 pound pork cutlets
KSP
2-3 cups shredded Napa cabbage
1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
lettuce for the wrap part

In a small bowl whisk together dressing stuff.  In hindsight, I would add more ginger and garlic.  Set aside.  The longer you let it sit, the longer the flavors can combine!  YUMMO!!!!!

I used some boneless pork chops that I had.  I am sure you can get pork cutlets, but I used what I had!  I pounded them mostly flat and thin.. they cook super fast that way!  Season both sides of the pork with some KSP.  No bland pork here!  Cook in a heavy bottom pan till cooked through, about 5ish min on each side.  They will be nice and golden brown.  Pull them off the heat and let them rest while you do the next steps.  Put the cabbage and bell pepper in a bowl... put a few tablespoons of dressing on it and toss.  When the meat has rested, cut it into strips.  Dress it the same way you did the veg.  Now comes the great part... Wrap in lettuce leaves and EAT!

It is a really simple recipe that gives you the flavor that you crave and with no added sugar or anything like that!

I need to use my better camera... TRUST ME. This is YUMMO!!!!
Highlights of my week:
*walked a whole mile
*hung out with a really good friend and went to lunch
*did I mention that I walked a WHOLE MILE!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. color me dumb, but what's ksp? and does the fish sauce make it fishy? i'm so weary of that... these do sound terrific though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa... The fish sauce smells bad in the bottle...Trust me. But, I have to say, the fish sauce MAKES the dressing. It isn't fishy. You can totally leave it out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH!!!! KSP is Kosher salt and Pepper!

    ReplyDelete