Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Killing the pizza craving!

Since surgery, people ask me what I miss.... I'l  tell ya!  P I Z Z A!  In no uncertain terms, I MISS PIZZA!

The cheezy, ooey, gooey, topping laden yumminess that is pizza.  The flavors of the toppings mixing with the sauces and cheese!!!  YUMMMO!

Ok.. this is my version of pizza now.  I might be a little late to the party, but here it is... SUPER EASY and YUMMY!  Hey, If I can do it with a busted thumb and no will to cook, y'all can SO do it!

Portebello Mushroom pizza

*Portebello mushrooms: I happened to get 4 BEAUTIFUL portebellos in my veg box this week.  I used those.  You can go get some at any supermarket!
*Pizza sauce:  I didn't have pizza sauce, I used pasta sauce
*Toppings of ANY KIND
*Mozzarella Cheese:  I used fresh... it is what I had!
Sorry for the icky pic.  It was taken with my cell!!!!  You get the idea, though!

Pre-heat oven to 400.  Take the stems and gills off your 'shrooms.  The gills come off really easily.  Just scrape them with a spoon.  Then some good ol' fashioned EVOO on the shrooms and cookie sheet.  Then some KSP!  OH, side note... water will come outta your mushrooms in the baking process!  Lay them on your cookie sheet, cap side down.  Fill the caps with a bit of sauce.  Add your toppings.  I had leftover italian saussage in the fridge, so I used some of that.  Add a bit more sauce, then your cheese.  I put pepperonis on top of that!  Pop those babies in the oven for about 23 minutes or until the mushrooms are soft and the cheese is melty!

This recipe is so personal as you can make it whatever you want.  This definitely killed my pizza craving!  AND it is WLS friendly!!!!  Yummy to boot!

No comments:

Post a Comment