Sunday, March 4, 2012

My First Recipe post.... Stuffed peppers!

Today was a good day.  I FINALLY got some sleep.  YAY.  I got up this morning with a plan.  Today was GOING to be better than yesterday.  Hubby and I went for a walk in the drizzle.  Glad we got it in before it really started raining!  We went for a drive, we were going to go to the supermarket, however they didn't open until ten.  We came home and cleaned.  I always feel better when I have a clean house.  It isn't perfect, but it is livable.  I took all my vitamins and I started my Iron.  I have a feeling that will help with the blahs!

Ok this is my first recipe post.... I adapted this from this recipe from The World According To Eggface!  If you haven't checked her out, please do!  She ROCKS!!!!!!

You will need:

3 peppers, I used the pretty colored ones
1 pound-ish Italian Sausage, I had a mix of Hot and mild.  I used already ground
1 zuchinni, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
Some KSP (Kosher salt and pepper), I didn't measure... a good pinch of both
1 c. of your fav tomato sauce
Some fresh Basil, again... BAD food blogger, I didn't measure!
2 oz of Marscapone Cheese, aka two BIG scoops-ish.
Some shredded italian blend cheese

OK... now to begin...

Pre-heat your oven to 350.  Cut your peppers in half and de-seed and de-vein them. Put them in a lightly oiled casserole dish.  Sprinkle some salt on 'em and pop them in the oven for 20 min.  When it dings, take 'em out and dump the excess water out.  Increase the oven temp to 400!  Now, brown off your meat until there is no more pink.  No ptomaine poisoning here!!!  Drain and set aside.  You can use the same pan to saute your veggies.  Saute them until they are light gold in color and fairly soft.  Add the meat back into veggies.  Add the spices and basil and sauce and marscapone cheese.  Mix it all together and let it all hang out for a bit, until it thickens.  Take an ice cream scoop an fill your peppers.  Don't be afraid to overfill them a bit.  Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.  Put them in the oven for 20 min and they get all yummy!  If you have extra filling, put it in another casserole dish and bake it right along side!

Happy eating!!!!!!!!



Ok... Imagine I just put up a picture of a HOT, cheezy, yummy stuffed pepper.  One, I can't find my camera, and two... we ate them too quickly to even get a good pic of them!  LOL

1 comment:

  1. ooh, i'd like to try this. i'll have to do it when hubby gets back; i don't think my kids would touch this with a ten foot pole. i can't convince them that peppers are delicious. weirdos.

    ReplyDelete