Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Sausage stuffed, bacon wrapped Jalepenos

Ok.. on these days when hubbers is working late, I really have no desire to cook!  However, I have to eat, right?!?!

I happen to love sausage, cheese, bacon and jalepenos!  LOVE... Put them together and you have little pieces of meat and cheese candy!

I know I am not the first one to come up with this, but I will give you my version!!!!

Sausage stuffed, bacon wrapped Jalepenos
*Jalepenos, about 9
*Block of cream cheese
*Cheddar cheese, grated
*1 pound of bulk saussage.  I use Jimmy dean in the chub thing!
*Bacon, uncooked

One with bacon, one without!

Pre-heat oven to 400.  Slice your jalepenos and scrape out all the seeds and veins... Set aside.  Cook sausage until no longer pink.  I would fresh grate some cheddar cheese, the kind in the bag worries me because it doesn't stick together!  Put the cheddar and cream cheese in a bowl.  Drain your sausage and while it is hot add it to the cheese bowl.  The heat from the meat will soften the cheese and make it super easy to mix all together!  When everything is combined, scoop it into the peppers.  Wrap the peppers in bacon and place on foil-lined cookie sheet. You can put them on a rack to make the bacon crispy all around.  Pop into the oven for about 20-30 min or until the bacon is crispy!

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. What if I don't like jalepenos, can I replace them with something else?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You so can! You can just pop the filling into WHATEVER. Even a casserole dish.... SOOO GOOD!

      Delete