Saturday, February 11, 2012

A little more about WLS.

For those of you that may be wondering, and I know ALL of you are.  This is going to be a kinda technical  post, but that's ok!!!

The average human stomach is about the size of a football.  Mine was bigger that that because, well, I am fat!  :)  After WLS, my stomach is now about the size of an egg!  Here is a great visual for you...


See!  It is a HUGE difference.  I will NOT be able to eat near as much as I could!  If I attempt to do so, I will get violently ill!  No one wants that.  Trust me.

Here is what my tummy looks like now...

See, I told you... kinda technical!!!

My whole relationship with food is changing.  I am basically starting over and re-learning how to eat.  I am on a liquid diet as per my medical posse's instructions.  This is for 3 weeks!  I was dreading it, honestly!  How can I, a woman who lovers her some good eats, do nothing but drink for three weeks!?!?!?!?  Well, guess what?  I am doing it!!!  And with flying colors, too!  I am simply NOT hungry.  It is a nice feeling.  It is a learning curve, for sure.  

Because I was able to undergo this surgery, my life has been extended.  My Type II Diabetes will go away, my sleep apnea and high blood pressure will be gone too!  Not to mention, I will be able to walk up the stairs in my house without having to stop and catch my breath!

My goals may seem silly to you, however, they are pretty significant to me.  Let me tell you about them, then you can keep me accountable!

First, I want to be able to jog a 5K.  Yep, JOG!  As in don't stop, no walking, JOG!!!!  
Next I want to be able to wear a FABULOUS pair of heels and ROCK THEM!!!

Those are my goals for now, I am sure I will have more!






4 comments:

  1. Go you!! So excited for you as your journey begins, love ya lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! Not only will those goals be met you will do so much more than you ever imagined. I am so happy for you. I know first hand what an amazing difference getting healthy makes. I am pleased you are doing this while you are young so you can have more time to take advantage of it. Keep sipping your water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are doing well. One day at a time with long term goals always to look toward. Before you know it you will be able to do what you have set before you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sis! If you run a 5K in the USA, I will run it with you! And I hate running. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete