Friday, February 10, 2012

Less roadkill, more human

It has been a LOOOOOOOOOONG week.  If you don't know what has been going on then you just aren't cool!  Just kidding!!!  I have had WLS this past week.

Hubby and I made our way to London on Friday.  It was a fun ride on the tube.  We got to London and walked in the FREEEEEEEZING cold to hubber's hotel!  We hung out, had dindin and then made our way to the hospital.

The hospital was EXTREMELY nice.  I had my very own room with on-suite bathroom.  WOO HOO!
As we got checked in and settled, they came to get a sample of blood.  The nurse had no idea what the heck she was doing!  Word to the wise, my arm isn't a pin cushion!!!!  Hubby left and then the "IFs" happened!  You know... What if?  That is really the stupidest question around!  I had to ask for a sleeping tablet just so my mind would be able to rest!

Me in all my gear, getting ready to go into theater!

Saturday morning dawns nice and early.  Of course, I am awake already as the sleeping pill had less of an effect on me.  The nurse comes in to get me.  I AM OFF!!!!!  There are so many emotions racing through my brain at that moment.  I get to this TINY room with my anesthesiologist waiting.  They lie me down and start searching for a vein.  They eventually had to use an ultra sound to find one.

I don't remember much after that.  Apparently, everything went well.  I woke up!!!!  HA!

The next few days are a blur of morphine induced haze!!!  I got up, moved around.  You know the drill!

Then on Wed, they told me I could go home!  HOME!  YAYERS!  That had never sounded so good.  One little thing standing in my way, though.  GETTING HOME!  Hubby rented a car (ours isn't reliable enough) and came and fetched me.  I hope and pray that I will never have to do anything like that again! The ride was AWFUL!!!!!  Every bump, pot hole, crack.  You name it, we hit it!

Finally we arrived home.  YAY for my own bed and toilet!  The first day home was the roughest because of the ride home.  I couldn't seem to get comfy!  Which isn't that unusual considering I had just had MAJOR tummy surgery!

Every day is getting better.  Less pain, less roadkill, more human.  I thought the liquid diet would be hard.  It isn't!  AT ALL!  I have to force my self to drink because I am simply not hungry. This is huge for me.  I was ALWAYS hungry!!!!

Now, I am simply resting and enjoying my time at home!

6 comments:

  1. SO SO happy for you!! :+) Love you and all your might!! Love Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you heal quickly soon to be little one. Loving vibes heading your way from NM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for you Kelli! Keep up he great work and recover quick!
    Take it easy,
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete