Sunday, July 8, 2012

Oooey, gooey yummy!!!

Tonight I had pizza. Not just any pizza, but oozing, cheesy goodness. I made polenta pizza!!! I used prepared polenta (you can get it at any supermarket, and it has a great shelf life), fresh mozzarella cheese and some fresh Parmesan cheese. First, I cut the polenta into half inch rounds. Then I lightly pan fried them in some good olive oil! Next, I prepared a cookie sheet with foil, makes for super easy clean up. I put the polenta rounds on the cookie sheet and topped them with the fresh cheeses. I put them under the broiler until the cheese was all melting and crispy!!! And there ya go... Polenta pizza. You can top them with whatever you like, I simply felt like cheese today!! You may be wondering about the pan frying... I only used about a tablespoon of oil and I really like the texture it gives the polenta!!! It makes it all nice and crunchy. I didn't think I would like polenta. I thought it would have a weird texture. It doesn't. I really do love polenta. It is a nice alternative to bread for me. I don't eat it very often, but it is a nice treat!! Try it, you might find that you can add something new to your menu rotation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment