Friday, July 20, 2012

My mom was right!!

When I get up in the morning, breakfast has become part of my routine. Before WLS, I rarely ate breakfast. I'd rather sleep, than eat breakfast. Then I woud gorge myself the rest of the day. My mom always told me that breaky was the most important meal of the day. She is right. Yes, it gives my metabolism a jump start, but more than that, it seems to jump start my day and me. When I take the time for breaky, I am telling the world that I am worth it. I AM WORTH IT!!! Yes, I am. Sometimes, I get a bit bored with the usual protein shake. Well, what's a gal to do when she gets bored?!?! Shake it up, of course. This morning, I didn't want a shake. I wanted something warm. And y'all know how much I love anything ooey and gooey. Here's what I had... I took some turkey, you know the kind you normally use for lunch and some pepper jack cheese. I rolled the cheese in the turkey, popped it on a griddle and warmed the rolls up. The cheese got all melty and the turkey got warm and tender. Voila!!! Breaky is served!!! Pure protein and a few minutes to myself. It is going to be a great day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment