Monday, June 25, 2012

Catch up and a 5k

I got an IPad... I am learning how to tpe on this thing. It is interesting, for sure. Let me catch you up... I did my first official 5k on Saturday. My friend Keri saw a flyer for it and said we needed to do it! I agreed. I was game. I walk on most days anyway, why not do it for a 5k!?!?!?! On Saturday morning, Hubbers and I woke up and got ready. We started the walk to base, as we have no car. Walking works for us! We got mostly to the front gate and I realized I forgot my id. Oh no!?!?!?! I had to turn around and go home. I didn't give up though... I would have before, but, DANGIT, I wanted to do this... So, id in hand, I turned around and walked my happy behind back to base. Woooohoo, score one for Kelli Ann! I got to the gym and met my gal pals, Keri and Crissy. We were ready. I got myself signed in and received my race pennant thingy and t-shirt. It was the tortoise and hare race. I wasn't a hare, for sure. It was windy, but sunny, for once. We walked the race with some jogging bits! I finished the race in 47 minuets and I wasn't even the last person. Let me tell you, I ran, yes ran, across the finish line with my arms raised above my head. I did it. One down and many more to come... I feel like I am on top of the world, even now, 3 days later! I am running/walking another 5k next week on the 4th of July. My new life is amazing. I realize that I am so blessed that I can now do 5k races and not die in the process. I am making the most of this second chance. BRING IT ON, LIFE!!! I'm ready for ya!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Well one thing is for sure you did more then just a 5k!! So very proud of everything you do!

    ReplyDelete